2014-08-02 49 8
On a meadow next to a dike and a ditch in Trebur.
This is pretty far from Speyer, and so its hard to announce my arrival correctly. I'll try to be there at saturday meetup time, but many things can happen during an 80 KM bike ride.
What happened during the ride? Well
- a slight wind from the rear, what allowed me an incredible speed and was the only reason I could manage this ride at all
- a short break when I reached the rhine.
- a long break in Worms with a famous plate full of ice cream and a maybe even more fabulous coffee
- no stop at Osthofen this time
- some slight drizzle to cool me down (a little)
- a ride on a ferry
Then I reached Trebur at half past three and the hashpoint was very easy to reach. A meadow between two houses, enframed by two bushes. Behind the bushes the meadow widens and was limited by a dike and a ditch behind it. A really nice place for an hash. After I took some photos I sat down, ate a peach, and left the place at 4 o'clock , as I wanted to reach the train in Groß-Gerau at 16:34. I had to change trains in Mannheim, and as there had been a train accident near Mannheim Main station yesterday evening, train traffic there was very irregular today. But I was lucky again, and my train to Speyer left only 5 minutes late, so I reached home again short past six.
| DODO earned the Land geohash achievement
| DODO earned the xkcd Nullaturion achievement
| DODO earned the Bicycle geohash achievement