2011-07-31 45 -121
Just off of Highway 26, twenty-five miles north of Warm Springs.
The Expedition started with an airport dropoff at the unholy hour of 5 a.m., the reasoning being that if I had to be up at that time anyway I might as well take advantage of the empty roads and continue another scenic sixty miles in the same direction to pick up an accessible hashpoint in a new graticule. So that's what I did.
The hashpoint is a short ways up an embankment from a minor dirt road, perhaps 150 meters off the highway. The forest air smelled great in the cool of the morning.
- New Graticule! First attempt and success in The Dalles, Oregon graticule.
- Second ever successful expedition to The Dalles, Oregon graticule (by anyone).
- New County! First attempt and success in Wasco County.
- Personal record: Earliest Geohash -- I reached the hashpoint at 6:50 a.m.
- Personal record: With 15 expeditions, July 2011 is my most active geohashing month. Eight successful expeditions makes it the second-best month ever in that category.
| Michael5000 achieved level 5 of the Minesweeper Geohash achievement