2010-12-07 59 17
In a field outside Uppsala, near Bålsta. It's not in a forest this time! :O
- School ends at 10:30.
- Two options here:
Wait until 11:00 to eat lunch in school or
- Skip lunch(or eat it somewhere else) to be able to catch an earlier bus.
- Head down to the train station by the city bus(goes every 10/15 minute).
- Buy a 10 times ticket for a good price, don't know exactly where though.
- Then take bus 804 at 11:10 or 12:40 depending on where I ate lunch. 11:10 suits better though.
- After 30 minutes I have to change bus to bus number 895.
- After another 15 minutes I'll get off the bus.
- About 30 minutes walk to the geohash.
- After doing all the hash thingys walk back, then bus 895
then bus 804[bus 895 will go all the way back to the train station] then walk home.
After school I took a city bus to the train station, just like the plans. There I bought a 20 time ticket for an even better price(the one I planned to buy didn't existed somehow). Then I took bus 804 and switched to bus 895, just as planned. However when going by bus 895 I noticed how often it stopped, there were bus stops almost everywhere. When I checked earlier online it said there only was a few of them. Now I had to decide if I should stick to the plans or going off at a later bus stop allowing me to take an earlier bus home. However, if I chose the second option I would only have to walk a total distance of 1 km and the whole trip would consist of 90 minutes by bus and 30 minutes by foot. Therefore I chose the first one: stick to the plan.
After walking about two and a half kilometer I arrived at the snowy field and easily found the hashpoint. Hurray! Took some pictures and celebrated by eating a gingerbread geohasher. Afterwards I headed back and after another two and a half kilometer reached the bus stop I planned to catch the bus on. It was about an hour until the bus would arrive though. While I waited I ate some day-old winter-cold home-made left-over pizza-slices. Then I started to get cold myself so I started walking. When I finally got on the bus it was almost dark. It had been excellent weather all the time and I had walked a total distance of 10 km. A wonderful trip.
Enjoying a gingerbread geohasher, still at the hash.
| Vswe earned the Public transport geohash achievement
| Vswe earned the Land geohash achievement