2010-06-28 48 8
On a field outside of Rottenburg-Ergenzingen, just a few metres off motorway A81. Hourly train and frequent bus connections are available at Ergenzingen.
There have been several earlier very similar expeditions, so the little bit of stuff there is to say is already said...
Short version (long one might be written later or never): Went by bike, through Rottenburg, Obernau, up the nice and narrow Rommelstal valley, and back via Remmingsheim. The hash was about 60 m into fields, but luckily there was a small gap between two fields which allowed me to get close by about 10 m without hurting any crop. I restrained from the last few metres and claim the "respect for crop" convention to call that "reached". Anyway, I could have proceeded.
This hash was the fourth of a series of 7 consecutive geohashes:
- 2010-06-25 48 9 - Reutlingen-Mittelstadt, by bike
- 2010-06-26 48 9 - Riederich, midnight hash by bike
- 2010-06-27 48 9 - Langenenslingen, by train, bus and bike
- 2010-06-28 48 8 - Rottenburg-Ergenzingen, by bike
- 2010-06-29 48 8 - Balingen-Endingen, by train and bus
- 2010-06-30 47 9 - Sauldorf, by train, bus and hiking
- 2010-07-01 48 8 - Deißlingen-Lauffen, by train, bus and hiking - No trespassing
| Ekorren earned the Consecutive geohash achievement