2010-04-25 59 10
From Geo Hashing
Vikersund, Norway. Then up the hills.
Today's battleship location is: A 10
Cycled 40km. Hiked 6-8km through (mostly) snow. Cycled back.
- I don't know if I will get far, but here we go, Trusty and me. -- relet @60.1485,10.2685 10:47, 25 April 2010 (MESZ)
- With the fruit trees and the church bells ringing, I feel like in my grandma's village. -- relet @60.1485,10.2685 10:58, 25 April 2010 (MESZ)
- Until here, this was all just a detour, to avoid the highway bridge, which is closed for cyclists. -- relet @60.1485,10.2685 11:16, 25 April 2010 (MESZ)
- I could cycle alongside fjords all day long. In fact, that's what I am going to do. Yay! -- relet @60.1485,10.2685 11:30, 25 April 2010 (MESZ)
- Reached Vikersund and started walking. The rule of the game today is obviously to keep dry shoes. And don't talk about geohashing! -- relet @59.9506,10.0151 13:59, 25 April 2010 (MESZ)
- Coordinates reached. No reception at hashpoint. Lost and found my camera. Broke both rules. Ducking tired. Time to think about the return trip. -- relet @59.9371,10.0369 16:30, 25 April 2010 (MESZ)
- As usual, the return path is so much less complicated. And this canyon is amazing. -- relet @59.9415,10.0078 17:04, 25 April 2010 (MESZ)
- According to recent statistics, there are only slightly fewer trees than elk droppings. -- relet @59.9415,10.0078 17:09, 25 April 2010 (MESZ)
- I made it home, apparently. -- relet 20:07, 25 April 2010 (MESZ)