2009-05-09 49 -125
From Geo Hashing
None. Elbie had every intention of doing it, even with a cold, and was packed and ready the night before... only to be thwarted when she woke up at 3:20 with the menstrual cramps from hell.
| Elbie earned the Prize poultry Consolation Prize
- 3:20 - Elbie wakes up
- 4:10 - depart UBC
- 5:20 - get to Homer & Georgia, and hope no other cyclists will be there
- 5:35 - the 250 departs Homer & Georgia
- 6:19 - arrive in Horseshoe Bay, get on the 6:30 ferry to Nanaimo
- 8:10 - arrive in Nanaimo, start biking to Courtenay
- ~14:00 - arrive in Courtenay, go to hashpoint
- 15:00 - turn around and start biking to Nanaimo
- ~20:30 - arrive in Nanaimo
- 21:00 - ferry departs to Horseshoe Bay
- 22:40 - arrive in Horseshoe Bay
- 23:10 - 250 departs Horseshoe Bay, or if the rack is claimed, a long bike ride home in the dark.
- around 6 AM - Bike to Horseshoe Bay - takes about three hours with generous stops
- 10:30 - Ferry to Departure Bay in Nanaimo  - about a two hour ride
- 12:30 - Bike from Nanaimo to Courtenay  - about 116 km, should take me about five hours
- 17:30?? - Bike to hashpoint - about 4 km from the trail - and hope it isn't private property.
- 18:00 - start searching for the Greyhound station in Courtenay
- 18:25 - Greyhound departs Courtenay to Vancouver
- 23:25 - Greyhound arrives in downtown Vancouver, bike home from there