2009-05-03 48 -123
On the side of a road on Salt Spring Island
 Elbie's Plan
- 9:00 - Bike to Airport Station
- 10:00 - Take the 620 to Tsawwassen
- 11:10 - Ferry departs from Tsawwassen to Salt Spring (Long Harbour) 
- 14:10 - arrive in Long Harbour; bike to hashpoint; take Long Harbour Road for 4.6km, then turn on Upper Ganges Road and follow it to the point (1.2km away) 
- around 15:00 - arrive at hashpoint.
- 15:30 - ferry from Long Harbour departs to Tsawwassen.
- 18:00 - arrive in Tsawwassen, bike to Ladner, bus to Richmond, bike home.
Elbie left her apartment nice and early and had a pleasant ride to Richmond, having SW Marine almost all to herself. She bussed to Tsawwassen from there, and watched an episode of Battlestar Galactica while waiting for the ferry to the Southern Gulf Islands. The ferry arrived early, allowing Elbie to get aboard and resume her BSG marathon ahead of schedule. After three BSG episodes and a jaunt around the ferry, Elbie got off at Long Harbour. The next ferry to Tsawwassen would be in a little over an hour, so Elbie sprinted over to the coordinates.
The coordinates fell on the side of a heavily forested road, which Elbie's GPS could not get reception through. She ascertained the coordinates by going to the nearest areas where she got reception, and triangulated the point before sprinting back to the ferry terminal. Arriving just before the ticket cutoff time, Elbie wound up having to wait for several minutes while the cars were loaded on first.
Back on the Queen of Nanaimo, Elbie resumed her BSG marathon, finishing a large chunk of the first season. The ferry arrived in Tsawwassen about three hours later, with over a dozen cyclists aboard. With there only being room for two bikes on the bus at the terminal, Elbie decided to bike to Ladner, showing the way to a fellow cyclist from the ferry. Taking a bus from Ladner through the George Massey Tunnel, Elbie was soon back on her bike, and soon back in Vancouver. Stopping at a park along SW Marine, Elbie enjoyed some swings and dinner, before eventually heading home.
| Elbie earned the Land geohash achievement
| Elbie earned the Bicycle geohash achievement
| Elbie earned the "Frak This" Achievement