Okay, I'm lame. The geohash was right along the route where I was going anyway.
The geohash was in the woods off I-78. It was less than 100 feet off the road. But I was in a hurry, and had promises to keep, miles to go before I sleep, yada yada yada.
My google map.
| Is it true that this user earned the Speed Racer Achievement?
- In principle, yes.
But the geohash was not accessible from the route I was driving.
- Oh, I see.
- And there is some dispute over whether I need to be 10 meters from the geohash, or 100 meters. . .
- . . . as there have been other speed racer geohashes that were aside of a highway. . .
- Ah, yes.
- And I did not, as they say, "get out and walk around", which some say . . .
- Right, right . . .
- . . . which some say is the whole point to geohashing . . .
- Ah, yes.
- Would you stop interrupting me?
- Would you please stop interrupting me?
- Oh, I'm terribly sorry. What were you saying?
- I was saying that many people believe the whole point to geohashing is to get out and experience the location . . .
- Oh, of course.
- But the side of a highway is not the safest place to, you know . . .
- Well, sure, sure.
- You're doing it again!
- Eh, what?
- You wouldn't treat Noam Chomsky this way, would you?
- Noam who?
- Bah! This interview is over. (2008-12-06 40 -74).