2008-08-17 -35 149
From Geo Hashing
A Canberra Geohash in several easy steps
- Llandorin and Deb park at the nearest spot to the hashpoint
- Geohash point is on the northern slopes of Mt Stromlo
- Nemo arrives a minute later
- He had been investigating the inability to drive to the roads on the other side of the bardwire fences
- The three of them trek over a barbwire fence and to a dirt road which is reckoned by dodgy phone GPS as the point.
- Yay Nokia
- Psud arrives with superior GPS-fu, and leads another 50 to a mountain bike trail through the edge of the pine trees, and this indeed WAS the geohash point.
- This was more in line with what google maps thought too
- Despite being on a bike trail, we did NOT achieve a bicycle geohash, nor were we run over by bicycles
- Picnic and photos taken
- Gastronomical discovery of the picnic: Liquorice and salsa. Taste to your own imagination and/or experimentation.
- No robo-camera though
- But seriously, ???
- We will try not to spend it all on beer and hookers. Honestly.