2008-07-02 37 -121
From Geo Hashing
2244 Gunar Drive, in the Cambrian Park area of San Jose. It's actually located inside the living room of the house, which is pretty impressive.
 Intended attendees
- Tapin lives about five minutes away from this hashpoint, and will likely drive by (and stop to take a picture or two) at 7:30pm.
- Youhas is enthralled that there's a nice, low-hanging hashpoint opportunity for a change. He should be able to make it out, most probably after work, which gives an ETA of around 7:30pm as well.
- Buxley just drove within a block of this point last night! I'll also drop by after work. I'll be the guy in the fedora....
 Execution / Aftermath
- Buxley Arrived on the scene at 6:45, loitered for a bit in case someone else showed up, then took off. Didn't use a GPS to find this one -- maps and Google Street View FTW. My first successful hex point. Woot.
- Tapin drove over at 7:30 with his daughter and met up with Youhas. We spent fifteen minutes or so sitting on the curb across the street from the house, taking pictures and discussing the probability of shotguns in that particular part of the graticule, before Tapin and his daughter took off. Pictures to follow shortly.
- Youhas was there, as mentioned above. Arrived around 7:20, Slurpee and the day's newspaper in tow from the nearby 7-11 on Bascom. Kibbitzed with Tapin until he had to head out, then loitered around until 8pm for the benefit of any mythical latecomers. (Neurotically grabbed a flyer from a nearby for-sale house as part of a convenient if gossamer-thin cover story, just in case any locals wondered what the heck I was doing there. Without need, though, as they seemed most indifferent to my existence.)
- KChasm, like Buxley, also missed everyone else, on account of his arriving at the spot sometime between 2:00 and 3:00. He took a picture of the house, met an adorable yorkshire terrier about two houses east, and biked back home.
| Buxley earned the Land geohash achievement
| Buxley earned the No Batteries Geohash Achievement