2008-06-21 60 -149
From Geo Hashing
- A bit out of the way, yet still attainable Saturday meetup out on the Turnagain Arm.
- An alternate location in a pullout 656 meters from the actual point in the inlet has been designated.
- About a 25 minute drive from midtown Anchorage.
- Orbatos, Nutsenmai, and Nycti are planning on stopping by at some point after 4pm.
- Yos has a wedding to attend and sadly will not be able to make it.
- Orbatos, Nutsenmai, and Nycti's GPS was only able to connect to one satellite, and we didn't print out a map, so we had to go off of memory to find the correct pullout. After a couple stops, including Beluga Point, we found one we thought matched up fairly well just after the mile 107 signpost. Took a few pictures and were on our way back home.
- Confirmed the location as being the correct one upon our arrival home by referencing satellite maps and our recorded drive data.
Orbatos at our alternate location. The graticule is somewhere behind him.