From Geo Hashing
All locations: 0.3491079341188037, 0.9162389042702137
- 2008-06-01 North West Netherlands - Celebithil reached the hashpoint, which was located almost 1km from his house.
- 2008-06-01 Helsinki, Finland - Peldie, delsku and Wildmage spontaneously went for a geohash and reached the destination near an recycling plant. - Now with pictures!
- 2008-06-01 Sussex, New Brunswick - Booberfish drove within 25 metres on the highway at about 4 pm. In trying to get closer he found a lake, log cabins, and horses!
- 2008-06-01 Rhine Neckar Area, Germany - Nearly reached the spot
- 2008-06-01 Berlin, Germany - In the woods near Spreehagen; we plan to hit the spot at 4.
- Batesville, MS - MS35 exit off I-55. It should be at the back of a gas station lot. I should be there between 2 and 3 pm, CDT.
- 2008-06-01 Canberra, Australia - 800m off Paddy's River Road, just past Pierces Creek. Psud, Kieran, Nemo, Joanna and Andi all made it out for a picnic amongst the pine trees and blackberry brambles, and invented the first Geohash Card Game
- 2008-06-01 Eindhoven, Nederland - Paul succesfully cycled to the hashpoint near Meijel.
- 2008-06-01 Hartford, CT - Quentin St, Hamden, CT. Residential neighborhood.
- 2008-06-01 Linköping, Sweden - Effbot et al almost got lost in the woods southeast of Linköping. [pics]
- 2008-06-01 Munich, Germany - successfully seen by BB at 1700h. Ate half a chicken.
- 2008-06-01 Pine Hill Reservoir, MA - The actual spot can't be reached, except by boat. It looks like a pretty area for a day hike.
- 2008-06-01 Providence, RI - SUCCESSFUL geohash made by Patrick - pics to come!
- 2008-06-01 San Jose, CA - Successfully reached by a disparate group of eleven geohashers, who then retired to a nearby Quizno's for dinner.
- 2008-06-01 Singapore - Inside Paya Lebar Airbase, near Kaki Bukit sand store. Good for a Restricted Area Geohash. r0d3n7z was doomed to fail, but tried anyway.
- 2008-06-01 Stockholm, Sweden Was successfully encircled by Bobbert (The exact spot was in the middle of a small lake)
- 2008-06-01 Sydney, Australia - Outside 12 Park Rd, Woonona.
- 2008-06-01 Ulsteinvik, Norway - Just off the road from Ulsteinvik to Hareid. AshleyMorton made it. Played solitaire. Read The Economist. See pictures on the event page.
- Detroit, Michigan - In the middle of a field just north-west of Dexter, Michigan.
- 2008-06-01 Lac Leman, Switzerland - In the fields, reached by Kh and a friend.
- 2008-06-01 Exeter, United Kingdom - Accidentally got pretty close. See page for details.
West of -30°: 0.5095264463869317, 0.5215911826227673 East of -30°: 0.3859189793932023, 0.0292893119354716
- 2008-06-02 Norrköping - A quick driveby geohashing by Effbot. The target was on a field near the lake Hövern [aerial photo] [pics]
- 2008-06-02 Singapore - In the Straits of Malacca, but the alternative graticule (1, 104) yields a spot on land currently under reclamation in Pulau Tekong (military use) -- a potential Restricted Area Geohash. [map]
- 2008-06-02 Wellington - This graticule (-41, 175) is in Cook Strait off the Wairarapa Coast - would be better to make it somewhere closer, at the end of Lake Ferry Road perhaps
- 2008-06-02 San Francisco, CA - Approximately a half-mile west of the intersection of Ocean Blvd & Madrone Ave in Moss Beach. Bring a towel.
- 2008-06-02 Oklahoma City - Crown Heights Park in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Crown Heights is an historic preservation district in Oklahoma City. [map] [photo]
- 2008-06-02 Brisbane - Not in the 75% ocean in this graticule (-27, 153) for once, over a house just off the street in Chermside. Ubethatway, KzazB and Cpt.Hardthing reached this geohash after a nearby GeoSquishy. [map]
West of -30°: 0.9579926703969455, 0.12893491871843724 East of -30°: 0.7427834473658905, 0.6356494013762755
- 2008-06-03 London South, Ontario, Canada - Cleric999 went to the spot at the edge of a busy highway, and left a chapter of maison ikkoku (as he will from now on).
- 2008-06-03 Hamburg, Germany - Hermann and Felix have been there.
- 2008-06-03 Cologne, Germany - Kliment will be there late in the evening with a friend. Yay for a field in the middle of nowhere!
- 2008-06-03 Providence, RI - Near a state park in Tauton, MA. The site was successfully reached around 4:30 PM.
- 2008-06-03 Springfield, MA - chrisinajar will be going with his girlfriend to take some pictures for the Facebook group!
- 2008-06-03 Sydney, Australia - John won't be there, but it's just off Old Bathurst Rd, between Emu Plains and Blaxland. Might be a little hard to get to, as it seems to be on the cliff, but it's only a couple hundred metres off the road.
- 2008-06-03 SW Minneapolis, Minnesota - Today's spot is right on a residential road in St Paul.
- 2008-06-03 San Francisco, CA - Successfully reached by Mystitat.
- 2008-06-03 Fort Worth, TX Looks like a field in Grapevine. Nevermoor and friends will be there around 6:30 PM
- 2008-06-03 New Orleans, Louisiana - mtastic reached the barbed wired, padlocked fence just in front of the exact coordinate...looked like a Restricted Area Geohash. [photos]
- 2008-06-03 Middlesbrough, United Kingdom - Bluecont got as close as possible to today's spot.
West of -30°: 0.18029229786871545, 0.8450323290648286 East of -30°: 0.7008177097112361, 0.704888801316744
- 2008-06-04 Malmö, Sweden - In a beautiful field just north east of Lake Vomb outside Sjöbo. Aerial photo
- 2008-06-04 Anchorage, AK - In undeveloped land just off Tudor West of Lake Otis. The second most accessible location since the algorithm was published. (Accessible with proper footwear, In the middle of a marsh)
- 2008-06-04 San Jose, CA - Reached by Tapin on the side of a poison-oak-covered hill in Almaden Quicksilver County Park fairly close to sunset; didn't see any evidence of other geohashers.
- 2008-06-04 Los Angeles, CA - In the valley just off the 101, Hampshire exit. There's a good Mexican place and a Claim Jumpers nearby. Might go there for dinner. Daniel 16:46, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
- 2008-06-04 Surrey, BC - In the parking lot of a Korean church slated for demolition. Robyn 02:19, 5 June 2008 (UTC)
West of -30°: 0.06643914199743647, 0.18438924052414973 East of -30°: 0.3023171947630265, 0.4839450359119979
- 2008-06-05 London North, Ontario Canada - spot on the shore of fanshawe lake, passing through a construction site and several fields.
- 2008-06-05 Boston, MA - On the Foxborough/Sharon line. Site was successfully reached at 3PM.
- 2008-06-05 Fayetteville, AR - on private property through excessively dense woods. close but not quite there.
- 2008-06-05 Burlington, VT - In the woods near Otter Creek and a campground in New Haven. Successfully reached (within error of GPS device anyway).
- 2008-06-05 San Bernardino, CA - On a road in a residential neighborhood of Redlands. Felt extremely sketchy at night (9:30 PM), but successfully reached (at least per Google Maps).
- 2008-06-05 Herzliya, Israel - In a field, in the outskirts of the city. Successfully reached, but had no GPS and the satellite photo was not exactly accurate.
- 2008-06-05 Cape Cod, MA - In the Cape Cod National Seashore area, just north of Provincetown, MA. Successfully reached, but on the following Saturday (2008-06-07).
- 2008-06-05 Nenana, AK - North of Denali State Park, between Healey and Anderson just off the Parks Highway, through bog and mosquitoes lay our destination.
West of -30°: 0.759663019349, 0.825382371774 East of -30°: 0.52381460216, 0.2954071527349
- 2008-06-06 London South, Ontario, Canada - Cleric999 ventured deep into the midle of nowhere across many gravel roads to find todays location in the corner of a farmers field.
- 2008-06-06 Brisbane - A successfull water geohash in Moreton Bay, just off Cleveland Point. Ubethatway reached this geohash. [map]
- 2008-06-06 Eindhoven - A relaxing Bicycle geohash in Spoordonk near Oirschot H.M.Thunder almost reached this geohash. [map]
- 2008-06-06 Boston, MA - A squishy wade through the Souhegan River and a walk in the woods in New Ipswich, NH. AHecht reached this geohash. [map]
- 2008-06-06 Ogden, UT - Easily reached by Kaldric this morning. Ate breakfast on location, which was the end of someone's driveway in North Logan. [map]
- 2008-06-06 Des Moines, IA - An easy-to-reach location near a local park, reached by Stretch. Beautiful weather! [map]
- 2008-06-06 Tustin, CA - Run-of-the-mill suburban strip mall in my hometown, reached by Kitsune2049. Almost too easy. [map]
- 2008-06-06 Justice, IL - A large graveyard, reached by YellowYoshi. It was closed, so pictures were taken from a distance. [map]
- 2008-06-06 Minneapolis, MN - A pretty complicated drive down then a short hike through a fallow field. Pretty easy. Reached by Scott, Mark and friends.
All locations: 0.501784229045, 0.114370840919
- 2008-06-07 Champaign/Urbana, Illinois - Brett made it to the coordinates after an easy drive north from Champaign. He expected to meet other geohashers, but none showed up. He left a flag marking the spot.
- 2008-06-07 Edmonton Alberta, Canada - 2 Groups met up at the geohash which landed in the back yard of a private acreage
- 2008-06-07 Kiev, Ukraine in a forestlet between two fields not far from Mriya (The Dream) resort. grep was here ;)
- 2008-06-07 Eindhoven, Netherlands in farmland south of Tilburg. Reached by Paul
- 2008-06-07 Gelsenkirchen, NRW, Germany - On a football field very close to Gelsenkirchen railway station. Kliment and TinoM will be there. Food will be available.
- 2008-06-07 Malmö, Sweden - It's near road 101 on the opposite side from Vellinge golf club.
- 2008-06-07 Santa Barbara - Wilderness near Ojai. Jareds will probably be there. UPDATE: He's incompetent. He thought he could get within 2 miles of the coordinates via "Sisar Rd", but it turns into an unpaved road/trail that is soon blocked by a gate, which is just as well since it goes through a creek. This was 8 miles from the point he intended to leave the "road" following the "road" itself, though only four miles as the crow flies, but he is not a crow. He had enough to drink to continue on foot, but turned back at 5pm since he was way late and wouldn't be able to reach the coordinates and return to his car until after dark but he had no flashlight. Some cyclists passed him on the trail, but he was solving a Rubik's cube and believes they would have stopped if they were xkcd readers.
- 2008-06-07 Los Angeles - Between Acton and Palmdale. Four folks from three groups showed up. Found a snake.
- 2008-06-07 Santa Ana - Temecula Valley High School Soccer Field. Wine tasting anyone?
- 2008-06-07 San Bernardino - Desert near Apple Valley. Successfully reached by far_call.
- 2008-06-07 Washington DC, West - In a wooded area west of La Plata, Maryland. Successfully reached by Ciel
- 2008-06-07 London West, United Kingdom - Between platforms 13 and 14 of Waterloo Station. Krunch was there (first time). Overall, about 14 people turned up, including a a three year old boy. One of them brought the game "Ticket to Ride" in a strangely copious briefcase which was then played amongst the trains.
- 2008-06-07 Boston, Massachusetts - On route 95 South, directly underneath the exit 37A 1/4 mile sign. 12 or so people met in a nearby park, drove past the hash at about 40 MPH in a caravan, then returned to the park for frisbee, Blokus, and Fluxx.
- 2008-06-07 Vienna, Austria - Somewhere in a field.
- 2008-06-07 Baltimore, Maryland Coordinates located on a lovely beach at a Rehabilitation Clinic in Havre De Grace, MD. Will be attempting to reach if not stopped by strung-out indigenous inhabitants.
- 2008-06-07 Clearfield, Utah - Almost reached by Kaldric. Got about 185 yards from site, decided not to trespass.
- 2008-06-07 Linköping, Sweden - Southeast of Motala. Effbot found a towel at the target location, and almost got caught by the police on the way back (don't ask ;-).
- 2008-06-07 Omaha, NE (west) - Inside of a fenced field near a road northwest of Fort Calhoun.
- 2008-06-07 Spokane, WA - The problem with the west coast is highly uneven density - but Hwy 27 is a nice drive anyways.
- 2008-06-07 Ottawa, ON - Three of us spent about ten minutes in a bug-infested forest vaguely close to the coordinates, then went and had a picnic somewhere else. Successful outing!
- 2008-06-07 Denton, Texas - My fiancée, her dog, and I trekked through a thick forest to land on the exact coordinates and had a picnic, getting lost in the woods on the way back to the car. Reached by Smegs.
- 2008-06-07 Seattle, WA - Geohash was located in the back yard of a private property, but the accommodating owner agreed to allow a picnic. Successful outing with Twister!
- 2008-06-07 Grand Rapids, MI - Approximate location was sighted from the road by smq and girlfriend. No one else appeared to be around.
- 2008-06-07 Detroit, MI - Right in someone's driveway. Meetup was maybe 80 feet north in a nice shaded area by a sidewalk.
- 2008-06-07 Nashville, TN - Kurochi and his girlfriend drove a couple of hours with BBQ to tihs remote farm in the hills, didn't see anyone XKCD-esque but the food was delicious!
- 2008-06-07 Reno, Nevada - Paveman followed a bumpy, rocky utility road to the middle of the desert. Although he brought coffee and sandwich fixings, no other hashers were present.
- 2008-06-07 Tallahassee, Florida - Brian, James, James, and John ventured to the geohash spot, met equine and canine friends, went velociraptor hunting, then enjoyed some refreshment and gameplay at a nearby cafe.
- 2008-06-07 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Psychopez, MikeH and friend in town from Albany, NY, and Kelly M and Emily met in the parking lot of a nursing home at the Pittsburgh West geohash. The location was behind the building, in the woods, and we had insufficient permissions to venture to the exact spot. Asked a nurse walking to her car to take picture of 5 people who met at a location because the internets told them to.
- 2008-06-07 Atlanta, Georgia - ElSupreme decided to attempt the longest bicycle geohash, about 45 miles through the center of Atlanta to the location. It was well over 95 degrees the entire way, and only made it about 15 miles back before starting to suffer from Hyperthermia, then called in a rescue ride home.
- 2008-06-07 San Francisco, CA - Zigdon and Cwolves got withing 700m of this water geohash by managing to get on an abandoned pier.
- 2008-06-07 Canberra, Australia - Failed to reach the hash due to it being at the bottom of a cliff.
- 2008-06-07 Houston, TX - Tradiuz and SmartGirl83 drove out there, and spent some time at the nearby Fry's Electronics beforehand.
- 2008-06-07 Waco, TX - elenaran and GreyGndalf hiked out to the middle of a cornfield in search of other geohashers.
- 2008-06-07 55 12 - Spotted by SolidHydrogen near Højelse, Denmark, but not reached as it was in a private cow barn.
All locations: 0.0475817017349, 0.230915938884
- 2008-06-08 Helsinki, Finland: Peldie and delsku almost reached site, which was on water and on private property.
- 2008-06-08 Boston, MA: Near some train tracks in Foxborough, MA. Ben and company reached the site around 4 or 5 PM.
- 2008-06-08 Utrecht, Netherlands: In the middle of a narrow channel in Odijk, a village near Utrecht. TB got to within 30 metres of the location.
- 2008-06-08 Los Angeles, California: On the main railway of the city, by the LA River. Mike got within 50 horizonal feet and 30 vertical feet.
- 2008-06-08 Munich, Germany: Drove the car through some insane gravel roads to get close to the point. Took a pano from the hill above later. BB
- 2008-06-08 Champaign/Urbana, Illinois: Brett biked to the coordinates. He got within 500 feet and left a flag marking the spot.
- 2008-06-08 Cape Cod, MA: A water geohash off the tip of cape cod that cogit0 & civet approached, but didn't make it all the way out.
- 2008-06-08 Canberra, Australia: The hash was technically in NSW. We encountered rabbits, bugs, and sheep (both dead and alive).
- 2008-06-08 Hässleholm, Sweden: After driving on a road that were too small to find from one direction, we found the spot in the middle of a small forest.
West of -30°: 0.0377307834863, 0.79050705031 East of -30°: 0.162151729594, 0.0417801888771
- 2008-06-09 Upper Hutt, New Zealand: In hills overlooking Upper Hutt. Started hike at about 11.30NZST, reached hash around 2.30NZST, was escorted off the land by uniformed officers at 3.00NZST.
- 2008-06-09 Danbury, CT: Suburban location in Greenburgh, NY in someone's yard.
West of -30°: 0.8758452385, 0.099768410037 East of -30°: 0.0930472370862, 0.51119778115
- 2008-06-10 Seward, NE, US: Near the Wal*Mart Supercenter south of Seward.
- 2008-06-10 Ljubljana, Slovenia: Successfully reached by Jaanos. A narrow street in Ježica, Ljubljana. Left a sign in a nearby park.
- 2008-06-10 San Francisco, CA: Will attempt to meet up between 6:45 and 7pm.
West of -30°: 0.465719991106, 0.726359952605 East of -30°: 0.553532499632, 0.398799858588
- 2008-06-11 -43 172 Christchurch, New Zealand -- Geohash was less than 20 km from uni so Evil Monkey hopped on my bike and rode out there. Didn't quite find it exactly but looking at map came within about 250 metres.
- 2008-06-11 45 -75 Ottawa/Hull, Canada -- Geohash was in the middle of a waterway out in Gatineau. Daniel Rubin biked there with Andrew and Serafino. Unfortunately, we were unable to obtain a boat, however we threw rocks at the location. As well, fate decided to put a staircase for us to use (see photos)
- 2008-06-11 41 -87 Richton Park, IL -- Geohash reached by YellowYoshi. A lone house/flower shop by the road (couldn't stop to find out which!)
- 2008-06-11 42 -71 Boston, MA -- Geohash was reached by Tuttleturtle42 by bike.
- 2008-06-11 31 -84 Albany, Georgia -- Geohash overflown by Robyn for the first aerial geohash achievement.
West of -30°: 0.511448896121, 0.633266302008 East of -30°: 0.790670603195, 0.33553275755
- 2008-06-12 55 13 - The point in the Malmö graticule is on a gravel road south of Eslöv. Only 20 mins by car from HannesL's home in Lund and VERY accessible! Me and David are most probably going. [http://kartor.eniro.se/query?
- 2008-06-12 47 -122 - East Port Orchard, just blocks from Cosmo's Deli.
- 2008-06-12 45 -73 - Matt and Jack discovered the Head Office of the National Body Building Federation at today's graticule in Montréal.
- 2008-06-12 55 -4 - Patterton Railway Station just south of Glasgow, visited by James at 7:40 pm local time.
- 2008-06-12 47 19 The location for the Budapest graticule was in a valley amongst pretty slopes of wheat fields, close to a beautiful lake. Me and Tom (probably the only two geohashers in the whole country) accessed the place at 18:45 local time. First geohash in Hungary! --Dem
- 2008-06-12 -23 -46 São Paulo, Brazil - Inside the Campo de Marte airport, in the civilian-accessible part. Hands-down the most centrally located and easily reachable in our graticule so far, reached around 4:30 PM local time by Brunoparga.
- 2008-06-12 50 16 – Jajcuś has nearly reached the point in Wałbrzych, Poland.
- Newark, New Jersey - Jevanyn claims "closest so far" (but he never went to the spot) for a Cubicle Geohash, with the location only three miles from where he works. Discussion is on Talk:Cubicle Geohash.
West of -30°: 0.576378982445, 0.158377823874 East of -30°: 0.321696042405, 0.278954320636
- 2008-06-13 63 10 63.321696°, 10.278954° - Just off the E39, just where it takes off from the E6. Just inside Trondheim kommune. AshleyMorton made it! Clearly a popular fishing hole. Pictures tonight. Arrived at 11:50pm. Good thing it never gets dark here! New Northernmost successful geohash!
- 2008-06-13 51 -0 51.321696°, -0.278954° - West London Graticule. As it was extremely close to my desk, I popped by today's geohash in Epsom, Surrey and took a few pictures from the closest road. The actual spot is on private property. The photo shows a tree (beyond the lamppost) which I believe to be the geohash location.
- 2008-06-13 42 -71 42.576378N, 71.158378W - Boston graticule. A visit to a World War I memorial in the middle of a traffic island in charming Wilmington, MA.
- 2008-06-13 47 -122 47.57637N, 122.15837W - Seattle graticule. Just off I-90 in South Bellevue, in a driveway.
All locations: 0.806746324522, 0.0388868587671
- 2008-06-14 Madera, California: In a vineyard west of Biola. Meggers and John Boy reached it successfully, but didn't linger because it was way too hot out.
- 2008-06-14 Canberra, Australia: We travelled to the friday hashpoint by concensus, and made discoveries of violence and beetles.
- 2008-06-14 Brisbane, Australia: An east Brisbane Geohash on land for a change. Unfortunately this land turned out to be private property.
- 2008-06-14 Malmö, Sweden - HannesL and shoot gun mate Per reached the point (almost). It was out in a field behind someones backyard in Västra Karaby. Aerial view
- 2008-06-14 Washington, DC: The location was a riverside park in Old Town(e) Alexandria. Very convenient. Over a dozen attendees.
- 2008-06-14 Los Angeles, CA: The location is in what appears to be a dried up lakebed. ArtInLA absolutely plans on being there.
- 2008-06-14 Long Beach, CA: The location looks to be in a business park adjacent to Los Alamitos race track in Cypress. First geohash in this graticule is expected.
- 2008-06-14 San Francisco, CA: The location is off of Bollinger Canyon Road, really close to the GCM2X5 geocache. Jakobo will be going there for sure w/ 1 other.
- 2008-06-14 Aurora, IL: The location is near Downers Grove, close to a gas station. A big group of Geohashers made it to the point!
- 2008-06-14 Peoria, IL: The location is in a cornfield near US-39. blackbird and co will be there.
- 2008-06-14 Reno, NV: The location is on a relatively flat portion of desert approximately 19 miles northeast of Fernley, and 2 miles north of Interstate 80. Paveman and Moose Hole are tentatively scheduled to appear.
- 2008-06-14 Indianapolis, IN: In the RCA plant's private truck lot. Brett and Tim will try to make it to the small field at 39.80772834,-86.03692889 instead.
- 2008-06-14 Richmond, VA: Alternate location is Belle Island downtown. The Blag says Randall is planning to be there.
- 2008-06-14 Wilmington, OH: The location was in a vacant lot next to a housing development in a rural area south of Grove City. Two of us eventually made it there.
- 2008-06-14 Denver, CO: Landed on a reservoir in the middle of Denver. Four made it.
- 2008-06-14 Shreveport, LA: Robyn attempted the first aerial geohash in actual IMC, but broke out into VMC two minutes before the hashpoint.
All locations: 0.475380817774, 0.761276686309
- 2008-06-15 Ottawa, ON: The location is on the fairway of the 18th hole of the Hautes Plaines golf club in Gatineau, QC. Definitely accessible, but flying golf balls may present a hazard. Laszlo plans on being there.
- 2008-06-15 Christchurch, New Zealand: The actual hash is about 3 km off the coast in the Pacific Ocean. Evil Monkey got to the beach nearest just before 1 pm.
- 2008-06-15 Wellington, New Zealand: The hash is ~14km off the south coast of the North Island, in the Cook Straight. nzsteak was going to have a beach picnic at the closest beach, but was delayed and only ended up with photos.
- 2008-06-15 Linköping, Sweden: Hash is on a field off a small local road north of Linghem. Floffe was there.
- 2008-06-15 Reno, Nevada: Hash is within Reno city limits, but about 30 feet up a cliff face from the nearest reachable flat area. fo0bar was there.
- 2008-06-15 Snoqualmie, Washington: Just off Insterstate 90, but unfortunately on private and inaccessible property. Thomcat got as close as possible.
- 2008-06-15 San Jose, California: Other side of Calaveras. Everyone got as far down Marsh road as the "San Francisco Water District" restricted property locked gates.
- 2008-06-15 Waterloo, ON:Right in the middle of the community center/baseball diamond/arena in the small town of Wellesley.
West of -30°: 0.401592307121, 0.189481230764 East of -30°: 0.65486258438, 0.696401815139
- 2008-06-16 Newark, NJ: I'll be there around 2:30pm, and I'll be hitting up the overpass so I can park safely. I will probably hang around in the parking lot to the northwest for a while afterward. I'm on FRS channel 6 if you want to get in touch. --LangleyLGLF 16:40, 16 June 2008 (UTC)
- 2008-06-16 San Francisco, CA: Just off Alpine Road, near Stanford University's campus.
- 2008-06-16 41 -122 -- Yreka, California Appears to be at or very near the summit of Mt. Shasta[Map]. It would be interesting to hear if anyone snags this one.
- 2008-06-16 Frederick, MD: I was there at 1600ET, so was the rain, not far away I measured 1.5". --TheWoodenRadio
West of -30°: 0.134594118413, 0.911702597568 East of -30°: 0.304224251574, 0.131600521624
- Örebro, Sweden
- Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Canberra, Australia - Within the parliamentary triangle!
- Anchorage, Alaska
- Binghamton, New York - Out back of the local community college, just a mile or so from my house.
West of -30°: 0.223991328102, 0.1639119277 East of -30°: 0.363488035554, 0.751272338658
- 2008-06-18 Singapore - A block of apartments (public housing). Successfully reached by r0d3n7z at 21:45 SGT.
- 2008-06-18 49 -123 - On the side of the road. Accidentally reached by thepiguy.
- 2008-06-18 50 -0 - attempted by Posis.
West of -30°: 0.844501394231, 0.686916504556 East of -30°: 0.35679583073, 0.831861279605
- 2008-06-19 Singapore - In the middle of the road in front of 18 Bright Hill Drive. Reached by r0d3n7z.
- 2008-06-19 Snoqualmie, Washington - Near Gold Bar, right off Highway 2. Almost reached by Thomcat
West of -30°: 0.866395129611, 0.227014115829 East of -30°: 0.881283082188, 0.0866543637585
- 2008-06-20 Sydney East, Australia - Successfully reached by Middlerun and K.C..
- 2008-06-20 Sheffield, United Kingdom - Almost reached by Djomp, but it was in a private field.
- 2008-06-20 Melbourne East, Australia - Successfully reached by Joanna and theduffman
- 2008-06-20 Chicago, Illinois - Unrechable, but cool location. Falls within the boundaries of Fermi Lab National Accelerator as noted by Millertime
- Succesfully reached by Fermilab employee (virgletati)! First Restricted Area geohash!
- 2008-06-20 Seattle, Washington - Successfully reached by Thomcat
- 2008-06-20 Malmö, Sweden - Once again in a wheat field in the beautiful country side of southern Sweden.
- 2008-06-20 Palm Beach, Florida - In a beautiful nature area.
- 2008-06-20 55 12 - Spotted by J0e. Hash located in maize field near Sigerslevvester, Denmark.
All locations: 0.979317654567, 0.613962101849
- 2008-06-21 Reno, Nevada - Two possible meetup locations--cast votes on the mapping utility. Either the official location, in the waters of Pyramid Lake, or...
- 2008-06-21 South Lake Tahoe, California - A hill approximately 10 miles east of Minden. (This lost the local election to the Reno point, and was not expeditioned to...)
- 2008-06-21 Chicago, Illinois - Land location on beach near Uptown.
- 2008-06-21 Melbourne, Australia - Forest in Bunyip State Park, around 30km east of Belgrave
- 2008-06-21 Thompsonville, Connecticut - Roadside about 1 mile below where rt. 190 meets rt 159 next to a tobacco field
- 2008-06-21 San Francisco, California - Just off a fire road in the Cascade Canyon open space preserve in Fairfax
- 2008-06-21 Cleveland, Ohio - Primary location: the middle of Lake Erie. Alternate location: "Dike 14"
- 2008-06-21 Munich, Germany
- 2008-06-21 Cologne, Germany - Field near Bergheim, alt-spot in nearby forest, on a clearing.
- 2008-06-21 Oslo, Norway - Middle of a field near a lake outside of Oslo.
All locations: 0.746529263743, 0.264232823106
- 2008-06-22 Hamilton, New Zealand - Successfully reached by InvaluableKiwi and brother.
- 2008-06-22 Sydney, Australia - Reached by Dancing Man, Mr Drake and 2e96b290f6c5ccd2bc6830557c0aba6e.
- 2008-06-22 Cincinnati, Ohio - Reached by m5rammy
- 2008-06-22 Detroit, Michigan - Reached by Bill^2, Carl
- 2008-06-22 Budapest, Hungary - location reached by Tom at 19:30 local time. I rode all the way there.
- 2008-06-22 Long Beach, California - Almost reached by Mike.
- 2008-06-22 Atlanta, Georgia - location reached by N Woodruff at 16:00 local time, by motorcycle.
- 2008-06-22 Sacramento, California - Location reached by Kelsa, ClintonOddfellow, Mallin and two others
West of -30°: 0.592778399212, 0.219295754279 East of -30°: 0.255062761291, 0.609565859506
- 2008-06-23 Tokyo, Japan - In the works by Crypticfortune and puuj + dr4b
- 2008-06-23 Detroit, MI - Reached by Bill^2
West of -30°: 0.844313829669, 0.729275284326 East of -30°: 0.656855630923, 0.741109459715
- 2008-06-24 Melbourne, Australia - reached by Urcher and Bilby
- 2008-06-24 Hamburg, Germany - reached by Felix and Hermann
- 2008-06-24 Snoqualmie, Washington - 1.9665 miles west of a previous geohash. Reached by Thomcat
- 2008-06-24 Boston, MA - .9 km away from AHecht's house in Wilton, NH
West of -30°: 0.673988334543, 0.835258940784 East of -30°: 0.912589954956, 0.747657128888
- 2008-06-25 Auckland, New Zealand - falls inside Mt Roskill Grammar School, unknowingly reached by Gnail :p
West of -30°: 0.446000981877, 0.696254750234 East of -30°: 0.980391345816, 0.728662915275
- 2008-06-26 Phoenix (East Valley), Az - Reached by Moppo and Laonious.
- 2008-06-26 Sognsvann, Oslo, Norway - Reached by hbrx.
West of -30°: 0.618945916481, 0.230618628863 East of -30°: 0.878973075391, 0.060294691179
- 2008-06-27 Brighton, UK Behind and electric fence. Almost reached by GoldElite and Mat.
- 2008-06-27 Seattle, Washington In Medina South Park, near Bellevue. Reached by Thomcat, Slacker and Daniel.
- 2008-06-27 Melbourne, Australia Just inside a gate on private property. Reached by Theduffman and Ginnybee.
- 2008-06-27 Detroit, Michigan On the front lawn of a private residence. Reached by Bill^2.
All locations: 0.658110958785, 0.365634176823
- 2008-06-28 Washington DC, West Six people! Hot. Us, and the weather. Old man in minivan left, the other five retreated inside for card games.
- 2008-06-28 Seattle, Washington Between Ballard and Fremont, right off the Burke Gilman Trail and a major bus route, and at the end of the alley a pub. Many achievements will happen this day!
- 2008-06-28 Denver, Colorado After weeks of declining participation, we had eight people show up for a short hike into the woods north of Evergreen, Colorado.
- 2008-06-28 Detroit, Michigan Eight people, including the current youngest and oldest geohashers, gathered for dominoes, frisbee and unicycling in Waterford, Michigan.
- 2008-06-28 Wenatchee, WA Four people (and the car... MNIMB!) made it within 200 ft of site, just off a forest service road on Dinkleman Ridge near Entiat. Lucky there was a turn-around or we would have had to back down the mountain.
- 2008-06-28 Philadelphia, PA Philadelphia's first documented Geohash. Two people came, played Boggle, and ate ice cream.
- 2008-06-28 Jacksonville, FL Jacksonville's first documented Geohash! Two people and a Dog!
- 2008-06-28 Boston, MA Eight Geohashers met up deep in the Lowell-Dracut-Tyngsboro State Forest to be eaten by mosquitoes. Following this they absconded to Spartan Pizza to recover.
- 2008-06-28 Cincinnati, Ohio Just N of Germantown. m5rammy will be there and invites all to his open house today.
All locations: 0.608045962576, 0.575446623441
- 2008-06-29 Hamburg, Germany In the river Elbe. Hermann bicycled to the shore.
- 2008-06-29 All of Rhode Island Yusuke's Ride is trying to get an expedition together, if Patrick is game. Or anyone else, for that matter.
- 2008-06-29 Budapest, Hungary - Dem and Tom approached the meetup point by train and bike, but instead of going to the exact location (deep inside some fields) they spent a nice evening in the nearby village, which is the birthplace of Tom's grandpa. (He was born in 1926, only about a km away from the meetup point.)
West of -30°: 0.782433458368, 0.274832882723 East of -30°: 0.353481940306, 0.476858053762
- 2008-06-30 Seattle, Washington -- Private property, near a pool, in the Brier neighborhood of North Seattle. Thomcat will drop by at 2:30 on his way home.
- 2008-06-30 Aurora, Illinois -- Just off the sidewalk at the corner of Indian Trail and Havenshire Rd. As it is about a mile from his job site, Qwirk will be there after work at about 3:15pm central time.
- 2008-06-30 Detroit, Michigan -- In thick woods, between Joslyn Rd and a golf course, around the town of Lake Orion. Fun stuff nonetheless.