From Geo Hashing
All locations: 0.0374870832648067, 0.2812664767643918
- 2008-05-31 Denver, Colorado - 10 people, easy location for NW graticule. 5 went to dinner afterwards, mostly frisbee and GO.
- 2008-05-31 Edmonton, Alberta - Extremely rural location in the middle of a sod farm. Nice day, no meetup.
- 2008-05-31 Paris North, France - Geohash successful within 10 or 20 meters, meetup missed by more than an hour. But I will keep trying!
- 2008-05-31 Aurora, Illinois - Brett detoured to the coordinates while on his way to Chicago. He was unsurprised to find no one else there since he arrived half an hour late and the coordinates were far away from... everything.
- 2008-05-31 Encinitas, California - Successful geohash expidition in Carl's Jr parking lot. No one else there except someone sleeping in a car in the parking lot.
- 2008-05-31 Madison, Wisconsin - Really in McFarland, in an unfinished industrial park off Marsh Rd. Total of five of us in two cars. Hopefully the others will post their pictures.
- 2008-05-31 Nashville, Tennessee - In the middle of a cow pasture. Successfully reached at 3:50pm local time by Pieater and no one else was there. Waited about half an hour and had a picnic with my wife and puppy before the cows infringed on the meet-up point.
- 2008-05-31 Fresno, California - Successfully reached by Meggers
- 2008-05-31 Columbus, Ohio - In the middle of a field. Very nice breezy day, with pop-up storms nearby. Very nice day to go for a walk, dodging last year's corn stalks.
- 2008-05-31 Frederick, Maryland - Unsuccessful attempt to reach the point by Ciel. Couldn't get closer than 700 feet without trespassing.
- 2008-05-31 Minneapolis, Minnesota - Successfully reached at 4pm by Joel but there was no one else there. It was an interesting spot and a scenic hike. Older: Seems to be right on the Mississippi. There's a bar near there, Baggans Pub?,3720 E River Rd, Minneapolis, MN. It's 2:31 Central, should be at bar at 3 for warm up and at river at 4 for smoke break.
- 2008-05-31 Canberra, Australia - Successfully reached by a group. Photos and story attached.
- Syracuse, New York - Location is in a residential neighborhood in Camillus, near the old Camillus mall. (will show up if others respond),
- 2008-05-31 Sacramento, California - Location is in a field on the north side of Stockton, between I-5 and CA highway 99.
- 2008-05-31 Conway, Arkansas Successfully reached by L33tmoomba!
- 2008-05-31 Cologne, Germany - In the graticule north, 51, 6, Baal, NRW, corner of Güterstrasse and Krefelder Strasse. Kliment was there with food. Noone else showed up.
- 2008-05-31 Boston, Massachusetts - Just south of a campground area in Foxboro, MA. Successfully reached by two separate groups.
- 2008-05-31 Chicago/Schaumburg, Illinois - This is the closest graticule out of the four to the city. Not that that necessarily means it is the best.
- Kansas City, Missouri - In a wooded area between two courts in Blue Springs.
- 2008-05-31 Harrisburg, Pennsylvania - Lancaster. A bit far.. I plan on going to the Williamsport, PA's hash.-Jon
- 2008-05-31 Baltimore, Maryland - At the mouth of the tidal Chester River as it meets Chesapeake Bay off Love Point. Could be done with a boat. Landlubbers can meet in the last block of Love Point Rd. where Riverview Rd. jogs. Just the fact that the nearest land is called Love Point should be of interest to xkcd fans in search of love. Dan
- 2008-05-31 Los Angeles, California - Nearby to USC. It is right on (or under) the 10 Fwy.
- 2008-05-31 Springfield, Massachusetts - I'll be there at the meeting time. I'm stopping at Brattleboro on the way. If anyone else is going, let me know!! chrisinajar
- 2008-05-31 St. Marys, Pennsylvania Although I had planned to hash the State College area, I'll be going to this one.
- State College, Pennsylvania - This one is waay too far from me, but...
- 2008-05-31 Williamsport, Pennsylvania - Successful. We were in amish country (not surprising in PA) However the field was right next to the public recycling point, so Jon and Frank met Clint with family and friends. Went to the state park a few miles off.
- 2008-05-31 Rochester, New York - Location was very reachable -- between Macedon and Palmyra, ESE of Rochester -- and reached successfully by five of us! Exact location was on a vacant farm lot, with nearby swamp puddle and awesome treehouse! Click link for pics. danierrr
- 2008-05-31 Portland, Oregon - Actual location is in the middle of nowhere.
- Melbourne, Florida - nurbles is bummed out because the new (corrected) location is several miles offshore and he doesn't own a boat. detzold is also bummed and has canceled the party!
- Toronto, Ontario - Actual location is unfortunately somewhere halfway from St. Catharines to Welland. UPDATE Why don't we use Friday's spot? It's located in a sand trap in a golf course in Markham.
- Melbourne, Australia - paritybit Will be in the SOUTH EAST Melbourne graticule with a group of 5-8 around 3:30pm or so.
- 2008-05-31 Cambridge, United Kingdom - New location seems to be on the middle of a field near Safron Walden, could meet at the corner of Ashdon Rd and Butlers Ln which is 500 Ft away?
- 2008-05-31 San Jose, California - A mile south of Hwy 152, on a ridge with an existing fire road.
- 2008-05-31 Muncie, Indiana - In the middle of Summit Lake, in a section marked "No boating" by the DNR. Old location was near the Mississinewa reservoir, so we'll be going there to play disc golf as originally planned, around 3pm.
- 2008-05-31 Surrey, British Columbia - Between two houses in Abbotsford. People from Vancouver should use this graticule again, since the actual Vancouver one is over the water. UPDATE: Successfully reached by four people (see the page for more details).
- 2008-05-31 Winchester, Hampshire, United Kingdom - We'll be meeting at the Percy Hobbs pub close to the geohash coords at around 3. We'll bring games. See You there! -- SinJax
- 2008-05-31 Manchester, United Kingdom - Location almost reached, to within 10-20 yards. The area was so beautiful I didn't want to leave. Tommy 01:48, 1 June 2008 (UTC)
- 2008-05-31 Christchurch, New Zealand - Location is in the middle of nowhere! Lovely tussock highland in the Lees Valley. 2 1/2 hr drive mostly on gravel roads, followed by a 1 hr hike.
- 2008-05-31 Cincinnati, Ohio - Looks like a beautiful location for a meetup: southeast of the city, an undeveloped field just outside an exurban residential community. Pity I won't be able to make it - enjoy, hashers! - Danny
- 2008-05-31 Sudbury, Ontario - Located roughly 80km south of the city, near Killarney Provincial Park. We're going to head there for 4pm. Exact site is 1.8km south of the road. Worst case, we'll just stay on the road, but we might walk into the bush. No FRS radio, but I will have a 2m HAM radio on 146.520 simplex.Dtompsett
- 2008-05-31 Munich, Germany - successfully visited by User:Abunai
- 2008-05-31 Ottawa, Ontario - Two of us turned up and took pictures of a field in Winchester Springs. Didn't see anyone else. Still, saw some country we wouldn't have otherwise.
- 2008-05-31 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Successfully reached by Kelly and Emily. Location was up a wooded hill then in a clearing next to the edge of private property. No others showed to either the location or the starting point.
- 2008-05-31 Lexington, Kentucky - Successfully reached by Steven and Erin. Location was just of Interstate 64 between Lexington and Winchester, near a trailer park. No other geohashers located.
- 2008-05-31 Dothan, Alabama - Located about 200 yards south of Alabama highway 53, about a mile and a half east of the highway 55 junction, outside town of Cottonwood, AL. Located on private property - took a picture from the road. Hour and a half motorcycle ride to get there. Nice countryside. No one else located. Munkee
- 2008-05-31 Reno, Nevada - Located in very rugged ranch land northwest of Yerington. Paveman went as close as possible via 4-door sedan, hiked up a nearby hill, and snapped photos. Gorgeous vistas, but the official location required rock climbing gear. No other geohashers located. Paveman
- 2008-05-31 Eugene, Oregon - Right behind the baseball stadium at Western Oregon University. Just a tiny bit north and Haschel Cedricson could have gotten the first Couch Potato Geohash.
- 2008-5-31 Fayetteville, Arkansas Made it to the intersection of Little Elm and Richards...
- 2008-5-31 Richmond, Virginia Shoofle, Paul, and Julie met way out in Suffolk County in a field.
Expeditions and Plans
|Canberra, Australia||Psud, kieran, alvin, llandorin, gim, deb||A successful Canberra geohash! What a day! At around 4:30 gim and Alvin ma...|
|Christchurch, New Zealand||UCanDance||UCanDance - We left Christchruch at about 1pm. Six of us piled into one sta...|
|Dothan, Alabama||Munkee||Located about 200 yards south of Alabama highway 53, about a mile and a hal...|
|Santa Ana, California||kristi, mooseydoom||Somewhere|
|Atlanta, Georgia||Someone went||3 from the Atlanta graticule attended this meetup.|
|San Bernardino, California||far call||was on some private property in the city of Colton. I was able to make i...|
|Los Angeles, California||Mike||Somewhere|
|Conway, Arkansas||l33tmoomba||Was a nice sheltered spot under a few trees off of a clearing by a big pond...|
|Fresno, California||Thomcat/Virgins||It was just me and some cows...but we had a rocking good time anyway. This ...|
|Nashville, Tennessee||Thomcat/Virgins||My wife, Heidi and I took a 140 mile motorcycle ride with our puppy, Penny,...|
|Fayetteville, Arkansas||Lily Rose||Lily Rose & friend & dogs made it to the intersection of Little Elm and Ric...|
|San Jose, California||Ted, I||Somewhere|
|Richmond, Virginia||shoofle, Julie, paul||Way out in Suffolk County in a field.|
|Sacramento, California||ERTBen, Crash413||Somewhere|
|Shenandoah Valley, Virginia||Someone went||Meetup coordinates are 38.0374868, -78.2812663 -- east of Charlottesville, ...|
|Frankfort, Kentucky||erin, steven||Just off Interstate 64 between Lexington and Winchester, near a trailer par...|
|Reno, Nevada||User:Paveman||Marginally successfully visited by User:Paveman. Having read the contour map of the ar...|
|Baltimore, Maryland||Someone went||Location is at the mouth of the tidal Chester River as it meets Chesapeake ...|
|Frederick, Maryland||Dan||Dan tried to reach the hash, but couldn't get closer than ~700 feet, since ...|
|Cincinnati, Ohio||Nick, Quisling||This meetup location was located in the Cincinnati, Ohio graticule on 2008-05-31 along a fairway of a...|
|Kansas City, Missouri||SibernetiK||Somewhere|
|Topeka, Kansas||TheTagger||5/31/2008 Note from TheTagger: Not really an event, but you gotta start sm...|
|Denver (NW), Colorado||..., mike, jessica, lawrence, Rich, michael, donut, brian, joe||40.037487°, -105.281267°Geohashers that made it: (10 total) Image:20080531...|
|Harrisburg, Pennsylvania||Someone went||Shoot! I had the map set at 5-30 date and not 5-31.. I thought I was going ...|
|Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania||kelly m., emily||Location was up a wooded hill then in a clearing next to the edge of privat...|
|Marysville, Ohio||Someone went||Taken from 2008-05-31. "In the middle of a field. Very nice breezy day, with pop-up ...|
|Ogden, Utah||Someone went||Meet-Up Participants: * Taylor - Definitely Ogden graticule, it's a pretty ...|
|Williamsport, Pennsylvania||Jon, Clint||Google maps shows that it is in the corner of a farmer field right next to ...|
|Aurora, Illinois||Brett||Brett detoured to the coordinates while on his way to Chicago. He was uns...|
|Boston, Massachusetts||rmo25, kjones, Xkcd||here. Weather forecast for Foxborough, MA predicts afternoon thunderstorms, wind 20-30 mph...|
|Detroit, Michigan||Someone went||Chris I showed up at 4:15 (a bit late because of construction on I-75...|
|Rochester, New York||danierrr, Cogit0, DavidF||It's reachable, and in Macedon/Palmyra, just ESE of Rochester. Coordinates:...|
|Madison, Wisconsin||Someone went||Had to hike up an ATV path and climb a berm overgrown with thistle and pois...|
|Portland, Oregon||Someone went||It's in the SE corner of the graticule, east of and only slightly north of ...|
|Ottawa, Ontario||Someone went||This ninja expedition report extracted from 2008-05-31. Two of us turned up and ...|
|Minneapolis NW, Minnesota||Joel||Successfully reached at 4:05pm by Joel. Was very difficult to reach but was...|
|Sudbury, Ontario||Dtompsett||46.037487N, 81.281266W This hash is located near Killarney Provincial Park...|
|Bellingham, Washington||Garyuuko||Garyuuko says that he reached this location before continuing on to a meetu...|
|München, Germany||User:Abunai||Successfully visited by User:Abunai. I was going by bike, but due to a flat tire and ...|
|Surrey, British Columbia||thepiguy, srs0, a guy who drove by really quick, Warren||today was between two houses in Abbotsford.|
|Amiens, France||Ilia||The meetup location is in Montmorency forest, well within reach of Paris. ...|
|Swindon, United Kingdom||SinJax, Incanus, T||Heres where we're going: Here are the directions They are silly, they use r...|
|Düsseldorf, Germany||Jon||Meetup 2008-05-31 At 16:00. Kliment is bringing food. Successfully reached by Klime...|
|Cambridge, United Kingdom||Ax, AndyM||Sign here if you're hoping to go to this meetup. * Ax didn't make it, his ...|
|Sheffield, United Kingdom||Someone went||Somewhere|
|Edmonton, Alberta||geoff b., keri b., adrian h., nicholas b.||53.037487°, -113.281267°|
|Manchester, United Kingdom||Tommy||This spot was almost successfully reached - I got to the road and had a ver...|
Update this list.