|Melaka, Malaysia||Keluang, Malaysia||2,104|
|Batu Pahat, Malaysia||Singapore||Bintan Utara, Indonesia|
The Singapore/Johor Bahru graticule is at latitude 1, longitude 103. It covers most of Singapore except for Pulau Tekong and some reclaimed land east of Changi Airport. It also encompasses parts of Johor, Malaysia, such as Johor Bahru and Pasir Gudang, and portions of the Indonesian Riau islands.
About half of the graticule is composed of land; the rest is made up of the Straits of Singapore and the Straits of Malacca.
Resources / Tips
The Singapore Government's OneMap service can also be a useful supplemental planning/navigation aid.
Weather forecasts can be found here.
- r0d3n7z - I'm keeping a list of past "viable" locations in case anyone wants to take a shot at them.
- UnA - I'm new to geohash but I am armed with an AGPS enabled ipaq612c and a bicycle :D
- Bicko - With the two guys above going to US for their personal business, I wanted to try to animate the geohashing interest in Singapore here. I'm pretty new and novice, so I was hoping to get a group before trying out anything. Drop me a mail if you're interested, I guess.
- adavies42 New to Singapore, hoping to meet cool people :D
- Cyazlars - Geohashes occasionally whenever possible.
- thetuxone (Relatively) new to and interested in geohashing :D
- JJ is interested in geohashing.
- TheBHox is a new geohasher.
- vermouthandgin is a new new new new new new geohasher.
2017-03-31 1 103
The hash is located inside MacRitchie Reservoir Park. With predominantly urban past expeditions, a hike in the nature reserve sounds nice! Trails are well maintained; Google street view available for recce purposes. Trail map pdf
Precise spot is approx 70~80m off trail along Terentang Trail.
Weather forecast: possible thundery showers
- 2017-08-20: On the exit of SPC Sengkang, 91 Sengkang East Way. Reached in two separate expeditions by Vermouthandgin and Zertrin, and Cyazlars.
- 2011-01-10: Right beside the Delta Swimming Complex bus stop along Tiong Bahru Road. Reached by Cyazlars.
- 2008-05-24: First Saturday since geohashing comic; coordinates are in the Straits of Singapore. The point in the neighboring Kota Tinggi graticule is on the island of Bintan.
- 2008-05-30: First expedition in this graticule. Coordinates are in Jurong Industrial Estate, inside Caterpillar Asia Pte Ltd, 7 Tractor Road, off Jln Boon Lay / Jln Ahmad Ibrahim. It's across the AYE from Jurong BirdPark. Buses 194, 249, 251 & 252 from Boon Lay Interchange. r0d3n7z visited the point at around 17:00.
- 2008-06-19: In the middle of the road in front of No. 18 Bright Hill Drive in Singapore. Reached by r0d3n7z.
- 2008-07-02: First meetup (>1 person) in this graticule. In the outermost lane of the Central Expressway, southbound on the Moulmein flyover just a few meters after Exit 7D (Balestier Road). Reached by Seth, Nathan & r0d3n7z.
- 2008-06-01: Inside Paya Lebar Airbase, along the eastern edge, near Kaki Bukit sand store. Good for a Restricted Area Geohash. r0d3n7z got as close as was legally possible (450m) at 17:07.
- 2008-07-09: Within a military training area at Ama Keng off Lim Chu Kang Rd. UnA made an attempt but found the gate locked.
- 2008-07-11: Within Singapore Turf Club at Kranji besides BKE. UnA made an attempt but found out that the point is within the turf club's property.
- 2009-09-24: In an open space next to Punggol Drive. Cyazlars made an attempt but was foiled by warning tape.
- 2011-01-06: In the parking lot opposite Singapore Indoor Stadium. Cyazlars went there but failed to reached the geohash due to the fallacies of human memory.
- 2011-08-17: Somewhere in Tanglin Camp, along Loewen Road. Attempted by Cyazlars but found no public access.
- 2012-02-02: On the pavement along the on-road to Bukit Timah Road close to Newton Circle. Cyazlars ended up cursing the Stage 2 Downtown Line construction work.
|r0d3n7z earned the Virgin Graticule Achievement|