Latest Coordinates and Map Quick-Links
|Thursday 2015-07-02||-19.5298621, 146.1727808|
The Townsville graticule is a scenic one. It neatly includes Magnetic Island, Crystal Creek and Paluma in the north (but not as far as Paluma Dam), Alligator Creek in the east, and almost reaches Charters Towers in the west. Most of the middle will be pretty hard to get to by road but there is some potential.
 Graticule Links
 Local Geohashers
- Simon made this page. He has a iPhone 3G now and attempted a weekday geohash but didn't get there. He hopes to be at the next Saturday hash point that isn't too far off the bitumen subject to other commitments and the weather. But then he moved to Brisbane in January 2009.
- Matty K has been on several attempts (some of them successful; even a few in the Townsville grat). He also made this (an alternative algorithm for Townsville) and this (a Facebook group). All that was undone on Feb 4 2012 when he, too, moved to Brisvegas.
- YawnWithExcitement has been on several hashes, none actually in his local graticule.
- Twistie has successfully completed one geohash and has failed another. He has handheld GPS.
 Planned Geohashes
In reverse-chronological order:
- 2011-06-03 -19 146: in North Ward!
- 2010-10-09 -19 146: just off the highway, near Calcium
- 2010-10-03 -19 146: just off the highway, half way to the Towers
- 2010-03-13 -19 146: Failed - Chickened out
- 2009-11-29 -19 146: near Woodstock again
- 2009-10-10 -19 146: Failed - No public access - Army Range
- 2009-08-29 -19 146: Failed - No public access - Locked Gates
- 2009-07-09 -19 146: A few hundred meters off Harveys Range Road just over the range
- 2009-01-04 -19 146: Failed - No public access
- 2008-10-22 -19 146: Failed - No public access
- 2008-10-04 -19 146: Failed - No public access - Army Range
- 2008-09-20 -19 146: out near Woodstock
|Matty earned the Virgin Graticule Achievement|
(See: Meetup in -19 146)